Today we will prepare a popular sweet dish of Mumbai Aflatoon. I will show you the complete steps to prepare this delicious sweet recipe. Aflatoon is one of my favourite sweets and I often remember eating it in school whenever our guests from Mumbai used to visit us.
Watch Complete video Recipe: Aflatoon
Indian sweets are rich in flavour, specially ghee based sweets like Aflatoon which is a famous Mumbai sweet dish. In this recipe, there is a tasty twist wherein we will make Aflatoon using Carrot. Ghee/Clarified butter along with dryfruits and jaggery are the key ingredients in this recipe.
- Carrot Grated 400 gm
- Milk Powder 60 gm
- Clarified Butter/Ghee 150 gm
- Khopra/ Dried coconut 50 gm grated or cashewnut powder
- Cardamom Powder 1 spoon
- Fennel Seeds powder 1 spoon
- Organic Jaggery 150-200 gm
- Milk 300 ml full cream
- Cashewnut 15
- Pistachio 15
- Firstly, In a cooker
- Add grated carrot
- Add 1/4th cup or 4 tbsp water to cook it until 4 whistles
- Secondly, In a mixer jar
- Add grated khopra/dried coconut and 1/2 cashewnuts and grind it to fine dry powder
- Heat a pan and on full flame
- Add cooked carrot
- Now add milk and mix it
- Stir cook until milk dries for about 4 min while constantly stirring it
- On medium flame
- Add khopra and cashewnut powder and stir cook for 1 min
- Now add clarified butter. mix it and cook for 1 min so that ghee gets absorbed in the mixture.
- Add jaggery powder and mix it thoroughly
- On low flame, add milk powder
- Most Importantly, Stir constantly to avoid forming lumps in the mixture for 3 min.
- On high medium flame
- Add cardamom powder and fennel seeds powder and mix thoroughly
- Cook until 2-3 min while constant stirring until the mixture forms thick consistency
- Take it off stove and Pour the hot mixture in a plate and spread it
- Garnish with dry fruits and press from above
- Cool it completely for 2 hours
- Later, mark cuts and remove pieces.
- Tasty Aflatoon is ready. Refrigerate it further.