Today I will show you a dish which is a traditional recipe Coconut/Nariyal Pulao, a vegetarian recipe, prepared using rice and it is made on special occasions like Marriages and Festivals. Although, this Pulao is a Vegetarian recipe but it is usually served with Chicken or Mutton Curry. The rich taste of coconut milk enhances the taste and the addition of garam masala gives earthen flavour to the dish. This coconut pulao is a special vegetarian recipe and a variation of Pulao.
Coconut or Nariyal Pulao is prepared by cooking rice in coconut milk garam masala/spices like Cinnamon and Clove is added. Also, I have shown and mentioned the process of extracting coconut milk from coconut in this recipe. You can watch the complete video recipe through this link: Coconut Pulao
For other type of Vegetarian Pulao recipe watch this Matar Pulao
- Coconut grated 1 Large
- Rice 1 kg
- Ghee/Clarified Butter 2-3 tbs
- Onion 1 Large Chopped
- Cardamom 9
- Cloves 8-10
- Cinnamon 5-6 pieces
- Firstly, In a mixer jar
- Add grated coconut with little water and grind it to a medium thick paste
- Use the coconut paste along with water and a strainer to extract the coconut milk.
- Secondly, Heat a vessel
- Meanwhile, On full flame
- Add ghee
- Further we need to add all the garam masala
- Add onion and roast until golden brown
- Now add coconut milk
- Most Importantly, Add water as per rice taken which is 1 ltr.
- Now add salt as per taste
- Cook until it starts boiling
- When it is boiling add rice
- Mix it well
- Further, We need to dry the water.
- When little water is remaining, close lid and cook on medium flame for 5 min
- Coconut rice pulao is ready.
- Serve Hot with Mutton/chicken curry.