Breakfast is an important meal of the day. Therefore, there are lots of variations in breakfast based on the regions around the world. Likewise, Indian cuisine offers varied breakfast options and Poori or Puri is one such popular Breakfast/Nashta recipe. This Breakfast recipe is a combination of a Sweet which is Gajar Halwa (Carrot) and Puri. Poori’s are deep fried indian bread prepared using flour and either served with Bhaji (Vegetable Side Dish) or stuffed.
Today, I will show you a unique puri recipe made using Gajar Halwa. I have made a paste of the halwa mixture by grinding grated carrot along with dry fruits, jaggery and kneaded it with wheat flour to make dough for poori’s which is then deep fried in oil. Hence, this poori recipe is a Carrot halwa poori as the halwa mixture is added in the flour.
- Carrot 300 gm
- Cashew 25 gm
- Almond 25 gm
- Ghee 1- 1 and 1/2 tbs
- Malai/Milk Cream 1/2 cup
- Jaggery 100 gm 3 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder 10-15
- Wheat flour 350 gm
- Salt 1 spoon
- Sesame Seeds to apply
- Grate carrot
- In a mixer Jar add grated carrot, dry fruits, cardamom powder, milk cream and grind it to a fine paste.
- In addition, add clarified butter (Ghee) and Jaggery to grind it further.
- Meanwhile, Transfer the grinded paste in a bowl and add wheat flour .
- Mix both and knead it to make a dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Apply a little oil on hands and make small round balls of the dough.
- Apply sesame seeds to the flour balls and start rolling it flat into poori’s.
- Firstly, Heat Oil in a Kadai/Pan.
- Secondly, Add the poori’s in the oil and deep fry it.
- Initially, after adding the puri’s, press from above and then turn it to cook on the other side. As a result, the poori’s will
- Once Fried, Take it off Kadai.
- Tasty Gajar Halwa Puri is Ready. Serve Hot.