Popular Indian Breakfast recipe which is also simple and quick to make on a busy weekday or a lazy weekend. Poori Bhaji or sabzi as it is also known as, is an easy indian breakfast prepared by deep frying poori’s in oil and serving it hot with the Aloo or Potato Sabzi.
In this breakfast recipe, we will prepare the poori’s using Wheat flour instead of Maida or all purpose flour. The potato sabzi prepared by tempering indian spices and then the chopped potatoes are cooked in it. Checkout our yummy Easy Ice Cream recipe
Watch Poori Bhaji Recipe on YouTube: Yummy Popular Breakfast
Ingredients for Poori Bhaji Easy Indian Breakfast:
- Wheat Flour-500 gm
- Milk cream-4 tbsp (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil- 5 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-little
- Green chillies-8
- Onions-2 big
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Potatoes-500 gm
- Mint leaves-little
- Coriander leaves a few
Method for this Recipe:
- Wash potatoes and boil until soft, peel the skin off and make small pieces.
- For Poori’s: Add wheat flour into a big bowl, add milk cream, add salt, add 1-1/2 tbsp oil, add water and make dough and keep aside.
- For Sabzi: Heat a pan, add 3 tbsp oil, add mustard seeds, add cumin seeds, add curry leaves, add chopped green chillies, add chopped onions, add salt, add turmeric powder, add 1 tbsp oil, add boiled potatoes, add mint leaves, add coriender leaves and mix well and close the lid and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Take some dough, give flat round shape with the help of roll pin.
- Heat a pan, add oil for frying, add poori and fry. Poori Bhaji is ready.