Healthy Indian Breakfast/Sweet Recipe
Indian breakfast recipes are usually categorised into 2 major categories, firstly the various Indian breads recipes and secondly into non-bread like the ones using other forms of Wheat or Rice based products. Semolina which is a wheat product is used in this indian breakfast Sheera recipe. Have you tried the delicious Carrot/Gajar Poori Recipe: Carrot puri Recipe
Watch the Complete Video Recipe here: Sheera Recipe
Upma or Uppittu is the spicy version of Sheera. Sheera is one such Indian recipe using Sooji/Rawa/Semolina as a Breakfast/Sweet/Snack. This recipe is unique as the food colour used in this recipe is extracted from a vegetable and is completely natural. Likewise, There are many recipes that need Rawa/Sooji as the main ingredient which can be a dessert like Sooji Ladoo or some indian breads like Chapati and roti use Sooji along with Wheat or Rice Flour.
- Semolina/Sooji/Rawa 300 gm
- Cashewnut 25 gm
- Peas/Matar 150 gm
- Raisins/Kishmis 25 gm
- Almonds/Badam 30 gm
- Cardamom Powder/Elaichi Powder 1 spoon
- Milk 300 ml
- Sugar 200 gm
- Salt 1/2 spoon
- Ghee/Clarified Butter 100 gm or 100 ml Oil
- Water 300 ml
- Firstly, In a mixer jar
- Add peas, 1/4 cup water and grind it to a fine paste
- Further, Heat a tawa/pan
- Add rawa and roast until 2-3 min on full flame with constant stirring and keep it aside
- Similarly, Heat a pan and on full flame
- Add ghee
- Now add cashewnuts and raisins
- Roast it for 1 min while stirring it constantly
- Now add milk, water and mix it
- Add cardamom powder.
- Similarly, add peas paste and mix it well.
- Cook it further until it boils
- Later add Sooji/Rawa and most importantly stir mix it thoroughly to avoid forming lumps
- Firstly, On low flame, close lid and cook for 2 min
- Add the sugar powder and mix it thoroughly
- Secondly, On medium flame, close lid and cook for 1 min.
- Tasty Sooji/Rawa Sheera is Ready. Natural food colour is used in this recipe.era