Mumbai Famous BhelPuri, easy to make at home, this Bhel Puri Chaat recipe is made in Bombay Style. Mumbai or Bombay is known as the city of dreams, the food here is varied in terms of its street food and many iconic dishes. BhelPuri is a chaat which is made using puffed rice and mixed with spices to give you a perfect taste. Try our yummy Carrot Pudding/Kheer Recipe.
Watch the complete recipe in action: Moms Food Diary
Chaats have a major significance in indian food which serve as a snack which has all the tastes like sweet, tangy, spicy and crunchy. In the Indian subcontinent various chats are served at the famous food streets on the food carts. Bhel Puri originated in Mumbai, Maharashtra and is unique in a way that different ingredients can be added or substituted based on their taste in this dish.
Ingredients for the Bhel Puri Bombay Style Chaat:
- Puffed rice (Murmura/Churmure)-200 gm
- Chopped Onion-1 large
- Sev-100 gm
- Roasted peanuts-50 gm
- Finely chopped green chillies-2
- Boiled chana-50 gm
- Boiled potatoes-2 medium
- Red chutney-2 tablespoon (red chilly powder 1-1/2 tablespoon, mustard seeds 1 spoon, cumin seeds 1 spoon, amchur powder 1 spoon, turmeric powder 1 spoon, sugar 1 teaspoon)
- Tamarind chutney-2 tablespoon
- Green chilli sauce-2 tablespoon
- Chopped tomatoes-1 Large
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriender leaves- a few
- Small puri-8
- 1 Lemon juice
- Take a large bowl,
- Add all the above ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with sev, finely chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped coriender leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Bhel Puri is Ready.