Indian cuisine offers vast options in food and particularly breakfast dishes. Likewise, this is one such popular breakfast recipe of Karnataka. Buns are indian flat bread. Banana Buns are similar to poori’s but the key difference here is the thickness which is due to the banana’s used. These are famous as Mangalore Buns. Try this unique Halwa Recipe
This is a popular breakfast recipe which is also made as a snack and served with Tea. This dish is one of my favorite’s and initially I thought this to be a difficult recipe but it is as easy as making Roti or Chapati. In this recipe, Banana is mashed and added to the flour with curd and kneaded to form a dough. Later small poori like buns are rolled out and deep fried in oil. The buns are tasty, soft and usually served with chutney. So lets begin the recipe and comment below your thoughts about this dish.
- Banana 4-5
- Maida (Refined wheat flour) 250 gm
- Curd 2 tbs
- Clarified Butter 2 tsp
- Grated Jaggery 2-3 tbs
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 Spoon
- In a mixer jar
- Add peeled banana, jaggery, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cardamom powder and 2 tablespoon curd and grind it to make paste.
- Further, Pour the banana paste in a plate
- Add maida
- Now add ghee
- Mix it well and knead it to make a dough while adding all maida (Do not use water)
- Keep it aside for 30 min
- Now apply a little oil on hands
- Make medium small balls from the dough
- Further, Roll the balls into thin size puri while applying maida flour
- Heat oil
- Add the rolled puri into the oil pan
- Dip it and fry it until it colours on both side
- Flip to other side 2-3 times and then take it off stove
- Delicious banana buns is ready.
- Serve Hot with Chutney or Tea.