Popular Bakery Snacks that can be easily made at home, Egg Puffs & Veg Puffs/Patties Recipe is a crispy snack that is loved by everyone. You will be able to find bakeries in every corner in small town or large cities offering delightful baked snacks. In this Complete Recipe, you will learn how to make egg and veg puffs at home in a pressure cooker along with homemade butter recipe and how to make puff sheets. Have you tried this Popular Breakfast recipe on our Food Blog.
Watch this complete Puff Snack Recipe on YouTube: Popular Bakery Snack
Ingredients for this Bakery Snacks Egg Puffs & Veg Puffs:
- Clarified butter(Ghee)-150 ml
- 250 gms all purpose flour(maida)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 1 tbsp carom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
- little coriender leaves
Method for this Crispy Snack:
- Firstly, lets extract butter from the clarified butter. We have taken 150 ml clarified butter, heat a pan, add clarified butter and heat little, let it cool, now add ice cubes and cold water and extract butter out of it.
- Take a big plate, add 250 gm of all purpose flour, add little salt, add 2 tbsp powdered sugar, add 2 tbsp semolina, add 15 gm butter and make dough by adding 1 cup of water, keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Secondly, we will take out the dough and make it soft by pressing
- Now roll and make like chapati by rolling pin, apply 1 part of butter, sprinkle carom seeds powder, sprinkle little all purpose flour
- Fold and make pockets, keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take out the dough from refrigerator and repeat the process as above and again place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Now for the third time repeat the process as above and again place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Lets prepare puff filling with oil, mustard seeds, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, coriender powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, and coriender leaves.
- Now is the time to make puff sheet and cut in desired shapes,
- First add puff filling on puff sheet, over that keep a half boiled egg and close from all sides by applying little water on corners.
- Meanwhile, Beat a egg and apply it over egg.
- Further, preheat the cooker for 10 minutes, add salt at base, place stand and then keep a plate
- Place patties on the greased plate and close the lid and cook on full flame for 10 minutes
- Further, cook on medium flame for 50 minutes.
- Now, we will prepare plain egg puff by sprinkling dry assorted powder like black pepper powder, little salt, carom seeds powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder.
- Additionally, lets prepare veg puff by adding beans vegetable or any other vegetable as filling.
- Finally, Egg and Veg puffs are ready.
Vada with sambar is an filling breakfast and is a popular south indian breakfast recipe. The Vada is a soft and crisp deep fried breakfast/snack that is prepared using Urad dal and other spices and served with the spicy and tangy sambar.
Watch this Crispy Vada Recipe on Youtube: Vada – Vegetarian Breakfast
Ingredients for this Vada Recipe:
- Urad dal 250 gms (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds powder 1 spoon
- Asafoetida 1/2 spoon
- Green Chillies 5
- Curry leaves few
- salt as per taste
- oil to fry
Do try our Yummy Egg Bonda Recipe
Method for Vada popular south indian breakfast recipe:
- In a mixer jar
- Add chopped ginger, green chilles, curry leaves and urad dal and grind to a medium thick paste
- In a bowl add grinded urad dal paste
- Add cumin seeds powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder, salt, rice flour and mix it thoroughly. (do not use water)
- Make batter of it
- Heat oil
- Take the vada batter and Make a round shape in between it and fry in oil.
- Fry until the vada changes colour.
- Tasty and Crispy Vada’s are ready. Serve hot with Sambar or coconut chutney.
Healthy Sweet dish or dessert recipe made using bengal gram, this laddoo recipe is made in a 100% natural way using nutritious ingredients. Chana dal Laddu is a evening snack recipe to be served with tea or can be eaten when hungry. Checkout the popular konkan breakfast recipe Malida: Healthy Breakfast Recipe
To watch the Chana Dal Laddu recipe on YouTube: Nutritious Sweet Snack Laddoo
Ingredients for the Chana Dal Laddu Recipe:
- Chane ki dal-500 gm
- Grated jaggery- 500 gm
- Almond-25 gm
- Cashewnut-25 gm
- Clarified butter-300 gm
- Turmeric powder-1-1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Charoli-25 gm
- Milk-500 ml
- Roasted ajwain powder-1 tsp
Method for this yummy sweet Recipe:
- Firstly, soak chane ki dal in water overnight.
- Further, grind chane ki dal in mixer.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp clarified butter, roast almond and cashewnuts.
- Heat a vessel, add grated jaggery, add half cup water and dilute.
- Now, heat a pan, add 3 tbsp clarified butter, add grinded chane ki dal and roast for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Heat a big vessel, add 100 gm clarified butter, add roasted chane ki dal, add 500 ml milk, make flame high after adding milk, and then make it low, add turmeric milk, mix well, add roasted almonds, add roasted cashewnuts, add roasted ajwain powder, add cardamom powder, add diluted jaggery, totally we roasted 20 minutes on low flame.
- Take a cup, add little milk, add 1-1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp clarified butter, add chane ki dal mixture and roast for 10 minutes on low flame. Make round laddoos and roll over charoli.
- Chane ki dal ke laddoo is ready.
Yummy Indian Side Dish Recipe made using Capsicum and stuffed with Mutton Keema, this bharwa shimla mirch recipe is served as a side dish with food or as a plain snack with Tea. Checkout our yummy Mutton Bhuna Keema Recipe: Yummy Non Veg Side Dish
Watch this Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe on YouTube: Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Ingredients for Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe:
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Chopped Onions-2 big
- Chopped tomatoes-2 big
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Mutton keema-250 gm
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriender leaves-little
- Capsicum-500 gm
Method for Stuffed Capsicum with Minced Meat Recipe:
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, add chopped onions, add chopped tomatoes, add red chilli powder, add coriander powder, add keema, add salt, add turmeric powder, add garam masala powder, add chopped coriender leaves,
- Cook for 5 min on full flame to dry water add 250 ml water, mix and close the lid and cook for 5 min on full flame to avoid burning and mix stir and ready.
- Take capsicum and make pockets, add keema masala.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, full flame add filled capsicum, close the lid and cook for 2-3 min medium flame and again 2-3 min cooked
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, add chopped onions, add chopped tomatoes, add red chilli powder, add coriender powder, add keema, add salt, add turmeric powder, add garam masala powder, add chopped coriender leaves, cook for 5 min on full flame to dry water add 250 ml water, mix and close the lid and cook for 5 min on full flame to avoid burning and mix stir and ready.
- Take capsicum and make pockets, add keema masala.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, full flame add filled capsicum, close the lid and cook for 2-3 min medium flame and again 2-3 min cooked.
- Bharva Shimla Mirch is ready.