Vada with sambar is an filling breakfast and is a popular south indian breakfast recipe. The Vada is a soft and crisp deep fried breakfast/snack that is prepared using Urad dal and other spices and served with the spicy and tangy sambar.
Watch this Crispy Vada Recipe on Youtube: Vada – Vegetarian Breakfast
Ingredients for this Vada Recipe:
- Urad dal 250 gms (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds powder 1 spoon
- Asafoetida 1/2 spoon
- Green Chillies 5
- Curry leaves few
- salt as per taste
- oil to fry
Do try our Yummy Egg Bonda Recipe
Method for Vada popular south indian breakfast recipe:
- In a mixer jar
- Add chopped ginger, green chilles, curry leaves and urad dal and grind to a medium thick paste
- In a bowl add grinded urad dal paste
- Add cumin seeds powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder, salt, rice flour and mix it thoroughly. (do not use water)
- Make batter of it
- Heat oil
- Take the vada batter and Make a round shape in between it and fry in oil.
- Fry until the vada changes colour.
- Tasty and Crispy Vada’s are ready. Serve hot with Sambar or coconut chutney.
Yummy Combination of Minced Meat or Keema with Beans Sabzi Recipe, ideal to be served with Rice or Chapati. In this recipe, we have used cluster beans which is also known as gawar Phalli or Chitmit Phalli in Hindi and Mutton Minced meat, which are cooked together with Indian Spices/Masala to prepare this recipe. To checkout other Minced Meat Recipes, click here: Stuffed Capsicum
To watch Keema Beans Sabzi recipe on YouTube, click here: Delicious Sabzi
Ingredients for Keema Beans Sabzi:
- Cluster Beans/Gavar phalli/Chitmitki-500 gm
- Green Chillies-12
- Mutton Keema-250 gm
- Coriander leaves-half bunch
- Ginger paste-1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut-1 small
- Chopped Onions-2 big
- Chopped Tomatoes-2 big
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder-1 spoon
- Roasted Coriander Powder-1 teaspoon
- Roasted Garam Masala-1 spoon
- Green Masala-2 tablespoon
- Oil-3 tbsp
Method for this Minced Meat Beans Sabzi:
- Heat a pan, roast green chillies.
- Add roasted green chillies, coriender leaves, ginger garlic paste, little water into the mixer jar and grind. Keep aside little grinded masala, now add grated coconut to the mixer jar and grind.
- Heat a pan, add chopped onions, add chopped tomatoes, add keema, add salt, add turmeric powder, add coriender powder, add garam masala, add green masala, add little water and cook on full flame till boil for 5 min, close the lid, cook until water absorbed for 5 min on medium flame
- Heat a pan, add chopped onions, add chopped tomatoes, add cluster beans, add salt, add turmeric powder, add grinded masala, add little water and cook with lid closed on full flame for 5 minutes, add cooked keema and mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Cluster Beans keema is ready.