Chana or Chickpea is a pulse from a legume plant. Various cuisines have lots of dishes around chickpea. Similarly Indian cuisine offers main course as well as snacks and breakfast dishes made using chana as it is popular in India. In this recipe, we will prepare a breakfast dish using Chana or Chickpea called Usali or Usal, its a tangy and spicy Nashta recipe.
Watch the complete Video recipe here: Chana Usal Recipe Healthy Breakfast
In this Nashta recipe, firstly, we pressure cook chana and later we cook it in spices like mustard, curry leaves to enhance the flavour along with other spices to make Chana Usali. Checkout my Tasty Banana Breakfast Recipe, you will love it.
- Onion 2 large chopped
- Chickpea 1/4 kg Soaked in water for 8 hours
- a piece of ginger
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves a few
- Green chilly 8
- Curry Leaves a few
- Water 1/4 ltr
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Firstly, Take the soaked chickpea and add to cooker vessel
- Add salt and 1/4 ltr water cook until 6 whistles
- If water still is not dried then you can dry it by cooking a little more with the lid open
- Secondly, Heat a pan and add oil and add mustard seeds
- Now add curry leaves
- Add chopped green chilly and stir a little
- Later add chopped onion
- Roast it further until onion changes to golden brown on full flame
- Add Turmeric powder, ginger paste and coriander leaves, add salt if required as per taste
- Similarly, add chickpea to the pan on full flame and stir well for 1 min
- Close the lid on medium flame allow it to cook for 5 min
- Take off stove
- Finally, Add 1 lemon juice to the pan and mix it well
- Serve Hot. Tangy, Spicy flavorful healthy breakfast recipe is ready.
Indian food offers a lot of tasty snack options wherein some are unique to regions and some snacks you will find throughout the country. Similarly, Chakli or Murukku is one such tasty yet elegant Indian snack recipe that you will find throughout the country. Its recipe differs based on the ingredients used across the regions.
Watch the complete video here: Tasty Chakli Recipe
In this Chakli recipe we have use a tasty masala mixture in the batter which enhances the taste of Murukku Indian snack. Try this Tasty Mangalore Banana Buns Recipe as a snack or a breakfast recipe. We have used a traditional method to make the chakli which makes it tasty and also no artificial colour is used.
- Wheat flour 250 gm or 2 cup (200 gm wheat flour and 50 rice flour)
- Coriander powder 1 and 1/2 tsp + Cumin powder 3/4 tsp + Fennel seeds powder 3/4 tsp = 3 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Red chilly powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Water to Knead
- Oil To Fry
- Firstly, Take a cloth and place both the mixed flours in it and make a potli
- Secondly, In a cooker add 2 glass water and place the potli on a plate in the cooker
- Cook further for 20 min without whistle.
- Take it off stove and remove the flour potli
- Break the cooked flour into powder
- Add red chilly powder, 3 powder mixture, ajwain, turmeric powder, asafoetida and sesame seeds and knead with little water
- Further, Place the dough inside the chakli maker
- Make chakli’s of required proportion and size
- Heat Oil
- Later, When oil is heated, add chakli’s in oil
- Fry for total of 3 min with constant turning in between and Take the fried chakli’s off stove.
- Tasty and Spicy Chakli is Ready.
Today I will show you a dish which is a traditional recipe Coconut/Nariyal Pulao, a vegetarian recipe, prepared using rice and it is made on special occasions like Marriages and Festivals. Although, this Pulao is a Vegetarian recipe but it is usually served with Chicken or Mutton Curry. The rich taste of coconut milk enhances the taste and the addition of garam masala gives earthen flavour to the dish. This coconut pulao is a special vegetarian recipe and a variation of Pulao.
Coconut or Nariyal Pulao is prepared by cooking rice in coconut milk garam masala/spices like Cinnamon and Clove is added. Also, I have shown and mentioned the process of extracting coconut milk from coconut in this recipe. You can watch the complete video recipe through this link: Coconut Pulao
For other type of Vegetarian Pulao recipe watch this Matar Pulao
- Coconut grated 1 Large
- Rice 1 kg
- Ghee/Clarified Butter 2-3 tbs
- Onion 1 Large Chopped
- Cardamom 9
- Cloves 8-10
- Cinnamon 5-6 pieces
- Firstly, In a mixer jar
- Add grated coconut with little water and grind it to a medium thick paste
- Use the coconut paste along with water and a strainer to extract the coconut milk.
- Secondly, Heat a vessel
- Meanwhile, On full flame
- Add ghee
- Further we need to add all the garam masala
- Add onion and roast until golden brown
- Now add coconut milk
- Most Importantly, Add water as per rice taken which is 1 ltr.
- Now add salt as per taste
- Cook until it starts boiling
- When it is boiling add rice
- Mix it well
- Further, We need to dry the water.
- When little water is remaining, close lid and cook on medium flame for 5 min
- Coconut rice pulao is ready.
- Serve Hot with Mutton/chicken curry.