Popular Bakery Snacks that can be easily made at home, Egg Puffs & Veg Puffs/Patties Recipe is a crispy snack that is loved by everyone. You will be able to find bakeries in every corner in small town or large cities offering delightful baked snacks. In this Complete Recipe, you will learn how to make egg and veg puffs at home in a pressure cooker along with homemade butter recipe and how to make puff sheets. Have you tried this Popular Breakfast recipe on our Food Blog.
Watch this complete Puff Snack Recipe on YouTube: Popular Bakery Snack
Ingredients for this Bakery Snacks Egg Puffs & Veg Puffs:
- Clarified butter(Ghee)-150 ml
- 250 gms all purpose flour(maida)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 1 tbsp carom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
- little coriender leaves
Method for this Crispy Snack:
- Firstly, lets extract butter from the clarified butter. We have taken 150 ml clarified butter, heat a pan, add clarified butter and heat little, let it cool, now add ice cubes and cold water and extract butter out of it.
- Take a big plate, add 250 gm of all purpose flour, add little salt, add 2 tbsp powdered sugar, add 2 tbsp semolina, add 15 gm butter and make dough by adding 1 cup of water, keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Secondly, we will take out the dough and make it soft by pressing
- Now roll and make like chapati by rolling pin, apply 1 part of butter, sprinkle carom seeds powder, sprinkle little all purpose flour
- Fold and make pockets, keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take out the dough from refrigerator and repeat the process as above and again place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Now for the third time repeat the process as above and again place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Lets prepare puff filling with oil, mustard seeds, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, coriender powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, and coriender leaves.
- Now is the time to make puff sheet and cut in desired shapes,
- First add puff filling on puff sheet, over that keep a half boiled egg and close from all sides by applying little water on corners.
- Meanwhile, Beat a egg and apply it over egg.
- Further, preheat the cooker for 10 minutes, add salt at base, place stand and then keep a plate
- Place patties on the greased plate and close the lid and cook on full flame for 10 minutes
- Further, cook on medium flame for 50 minutes.
- Now, we will prepare plain egg puff by sprinkling dry assorted powder like black pepper powder, little salt, carom seeds powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder.
- Additionally, lets prepare veg puff by adding beans vegetable or any other vegetable as filling.
- Finally, Egg and Veg puffs are ready.
Easy and quick snack recipe made using Churmura/Murmura or puffed rice which are cooked in spices and make a ideal spicy snack food with tea. Try this yummy Breakfast Snack Recipe
Snacks are often served with tea but they can also be served as a quick and light breakfast on a busy weekday or to indulge when feeling hungry.
Ingredients for the Churmura/Murmura Quick Snack:
- Puffed rice (Murmura, Churmure)-200 gm
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-half bunch
- Finely chopped green chillies-4 big
- Garlic-1/2 bulb
- Red chilli powder-1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- Roasted chana dal-100 gm
- Roasted peanuts-100 gm
- Salt as per taste
- Dried mango powder (amchur powder)-1teaspoon
- Jaggery pieces-optional
Watch this video recipe on YouTube: Jhatpat Snack Recipe
Instructions for this Snack:
- Heat a pan, add 3 tablespoon oil, lightly roast puffed rice on low flame for 5 minutes,
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chillies, add mashed garlic and fry, switch off the stove
- Now, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder, add roasted chana dal, add roasted peanuts, add salt, on the stove
- Cook on low flame for 1 minute and transfer this content to the vessel containing puffed rice
- Mix thoroughly, add amchur powder and mix well. Chatpata Murmura Snack is ready.
Easy to prepare cake using biscuits, McVities Oat Cookies Cake serves as a yummy snack on your evening tea time menu. Baked in a pressure cooker, this biscuit cake recipe is made without oven and dry fruits along with other ingredients as below are used to make this recipe. Checkout unique Breakfast Idea
Watch this biscuit cake recipe on YouTube: Moms Food Diary
Ingredients for McVities Oat Cookies Cake:
- McVities Oat Cookies (biscuits)-240 gm (2 boxes)
- Almonds-25 gm (optional)
- Sugar-3 tablespoon
- Milk-200 ml
- Clarified Butter-2 tablespoon (optional)
- Vanilla essence-1 spoon
- Baking powder-1 teaspoon
- Cooking soda-1/2 teaspoon
- Charoli- 1 tablespoon
Method for this Snack recipe:
- Add biscuits into mixer jar, add almonds, add sugar and grind, now add milk, add clarified butter, add vanilla essence and grind, transfer to a vessel, mix well, add baking powder, add cooking soda and mix well.
- Take a vessel, apply clarified butter, sprinkle maida all over, spread little charoli, pour the mixture, spread little charoli over.
- Pre-heat a big vessel for 10 minutes, keep a stand, now keep the cake mixture vessel and close the lid and cook for 4 minutes on high flame, lower the flame
- Cook for 21 minutes, now check with toothpick. If not cooked, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Biscuit cake is Ready.
Healthy Sweet dish or dessert recipe made using bengal gram, this laddoo recipe is made in a 100% natural way using nutritious ingredients. Chana dal Laddu is a evening snack recipe to be served with tea or can be eaten when hungry. Checkout the popular konkan breakfast recipe Malida: Healthy Breakfast Recipe
To watch the Chana Dal Laddu recipe on YouTube: Nutritious Sweet Snack Laddoo
Ingredients for the Chana Dal Laddu Recipe:
- Chane ki dal-500 gm
- Grated jaggery- 500 gm
- Almond-25 gm
- Cashewnut-25 gm
- Clarified butter-300 gm
- Turmeric powder-1-1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Charoli-25 gm
- Milk-500 ml
- Roasted ajwain powder-1 tsp
Method for this yummy sweet Recipe:
- Firstly, soak chane ki dal in water overnight.
- Further, grind chane ki dal in mixer.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp clarified butter, roast almond and cashewnuts.
- Heat a vessel, add grated jaggery, add half cup water and dilute.
- Now, heat a pan, add 3 tbsp clarified butter, add grinded chane ki dal and roast for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Heat a big vessel, add 100 gm clarified butter, add roasted chane ki dal, add 500 ml milk, make flame high after adding milk, and then make it low, add turmeric milk, mix well, add roasted almonds, add roasted cashewnuts, add roasted ajwain powder, add cardamom powder, add diluted jaggery, totally we roasted 20 minutes on low flame.
- Take a cup, add little milk, add 1-1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp clarified butter, add chane ki dal mixture and roast for 10 minutes on low flame. Make round laddoos and roll over charoli.
- Chane ki dal ke laddoo is ready.