Summer has already arrived and so does a lot of options to try for summer drinks. Isabgol or Psyllium Husk is one such natural healthy ingredient which is used to make Sharbat or Drink recipe usually in summer. It is known as Isabgol bhusi in hindi and is used in many healthy drinks. It has many versions like the plain simple mixed in water with sugar or mixed in milk with/without sugar.
Watch the video recipe here: Isabgol Sharbat
In this recipe we will prepare Sherbet using Isabgol bhusi or Psyllium Husk which is healthy cooling drink prepared usually in summer. Here we have added milk along with saffron or Jaffran/Kesar to flavour the recipe, alternatively we can also use cardamom or fennel seeds powder. Try the Healthy Sweet Recipe: Mung Kheer and Gajar Kheer
- Isabgol bhusi/Psyllium Husk 2 tbsp
- Milk 250 ml
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Cold water 1 or 2 glass
- Saffron/Kesar a few threads (Optional) or Cardamom powder/Rose syrup/RoohAfza
- Firstly, Take 2 tsp isabgol husk
- In a small bowl add saffron and a little milk and keep aside for 30 min so that it colours
- Secondly, In another vessel
- Add milk
- Similarly, Add water 1 or 2 glass
- Further Add isabgol
- Mix it well
- Isabgol Sherbet is Ready.
- Most Importantly, Do not refrigerate.
As mentioned before, this recipe can also be readied using water instead of milk to suit specific tastes and the use of flavour is as per the above mentioned natural flavours.