Vada with sambar is an filling breakfast and is a popular south indian breakfast recipe. The Vada is a soft and crisp deep fried breakfast/snack that is prepared using Urad dal and other spices and served with the spicy and tangy sambar.
Watch this Crispy Vada Recipe on Youtube: Vada – Vegetarian Breakfast
Ingredients for this Vada Recipe:
- Urad dal 250 gms (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds powder 1 spoon
- Asafoetida 1/2 spoon
- Green Chillies 5
- Curry leaves few
- salt as per taste
- oil to fry
Do try our Yummy Egg Bonda Recipe
Method for Vada popular south indian breakfast recipe:
- In a mixer jar
- Add chopped ginger, green chilles, curry leaves and urad dal and grind to a medium thick paste
- In a bowl add grinded urad dal paste
- Add cumin seeds powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder, salt, rice flour and mix it thoroughly. (do not use water)
- Make batter of it
- Heat oil
- Take the vada batter and Make a round shape in between it and fry in oil.
- Fry until the vada changes colour.
- Tasty and Crispy Vada’s are ready. Serve hot with Sambar or coconut chutney.
Seviyan which are also known as Vermicelli, are used to make many Indian dishes, mainly breakfast recipes. Namkeen Seviyan or Tangy Vermicelli recipe is a breakfast recipe which can also be made as a quick snack.
This recipe has no sugar or chilly and made in spices that balance the taste and enhance the recipe. Checkout our another Popular Indian Breakfast
Watch this Namkeen Seviyan Recipe on YouTube: Tangy Breakfast
Ingredients for Namkeen Seviyan Tangy Vermicelli:
- Roasted Vermicelli-200 gm
- Clarified butter-50 ml
- Almonds-50 gm
- Dry dates-50 gm
- Whole masala(clove, cinnamon, and cardamom)-little
- Finely chopped onions-2 big
- Salt as per taste
- Roasted garam masala powder-1/2 spoon
- Cardamom powder-1 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1 spoon
- Grated coconut-1 small
- Coriander leaves-a few
Method for this Breakfast Recipe:
- Heat a pan, add 1 tablespoon clarified butter, add almonds and roast, add dry dates and roast.
- Heat a vessel, add 3 tablespoon oil, add clove cinnamon cardamom, add chopped onions, add 750 ml water, add salt
- Add garam masala powder, add cardamom powder, add turmeric powder, add grated coconut, add roasted almonds, add coriender leaves
- Further, cook on high flame and bring to boil, add roasted vermicelli and bring to boil, add 2 tablespoon clarified butter and cook for 3 minutes on low flame with lid closed
- Finally, add roasted dry dates only after all water is dried and cook for 2 minutes with lid closed.
- Namkeen seviyan is ready.