Seviyan which are also known as Vermicelli, are used to make many Indian dishes, mainly breakfast recipes. Namkeen Seviyan or Tangy Vermicelli recipe is a breakfast recipe which can also be made as a quick snack.
This recipe has no sugar or chilly and made in spices that balance the taste and enhance the recipe. Checkout our another Popular Indian Breakfast
Watch this Namkeen Seviyan Recipe on YouTube: Tangy Breakfast
Ingredients for Namkeen Seviyan Tangy Vermicelli:
- Roasted Vermicelli-200 gm
- Clarified butter-50 ml
- Almonds-50 gm
- Dry dates-50 gm
- Whole masala(clove, cinnamon, and cardamom)-little
- Finely chopped onions-2 big
- Salt as per taste
- Roasted garam masala powder-1/2 spoon
- Cardamom powder-1 spoon
- Turmeric powder-1 spoon
- Grated coconut-1 small
- Coriander leaves-a few
Method for this Breakfast Recipe:
- Heat a pan, add 1 tablespoon clarified butter, add almonds and roast, add dry dates and roast.
- Heat a vessel, add 3 tablespoon oil, add clove cinnamon cardamom, add chopped onions, add 750 ml water, add salt
- Add garam masala powder, add cardamom powder, add turmeric powder, add grated coconut, add roasted almonds, add coriender leaves
- Further, cook on high flame and bring to boil, add roasted vermicelli and bring to boil, add 2 tablespoon clarified butter and cook for 3 minutes on low flame with lid closed
- Finally, add roasted dry dates only after all water is dried and cook for 2 minutes with lid closed.
- Namkeen seviyan is ready.
Chana or Chickpea is a pulse from a legume plant. Various cuisines have lots of dishes around chickpea. Similarly Indian cuisine offers main course as well as snacks and breakfast dishes made using chana as it is popular in India. In this recipe, we will prepare a breakfast dish using Chana or Chickpea called Usali or Usal, its a tangy and spicy Nashta recipe.
Watch the complete Video recipe here: Chana Usal Recipe Healthy Breakfast
In this Nashta recipe, firstly, we pressure cook chana and later we cook it in spices like mustard, curry leaves to enhance the flavour along with other spices to make Chana Usali. Checkout my Tasty Banana Breakfast Recipe, you will love it.
- Onion 2 large chopped
- Chickpea 1/4 kg Soaked in water for 8 hours
- a piece of ginger
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves a few
- Green chilly 8
- Curry Leaves a few
- Water 1/4 ltr
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Firstly, Take the soaked chickpea and add to cooker vessel
- Add salt and 1/4 ltr water cook until 6 whistles
- If water still is not dried then you can dry it by cooking a little more with the lid open
- Secondly, Heat a pan and add oil and add mustard seeds
- Now add curry leaves
- Add chopped green chilly and stir a little
- Later add chopped onion
- Roast it further until onion changes to golden brown on full flame
- Add Turmeric powder, ginger paste and coriander leaves, add salt if required as per taste
- Similarly, add chickpea to the pan on full flame and stir well for 1 min
- Close the lid on medium flame allow it to cook for 5 min
- Take off stove
- Finally, Add 1 lemon juice to the pan and mix it well
- Serve Hot. Tangy, Spicy flavorful healthy breakfast recipe is ready.
Indian cuisine offers vast options in food and particularly breakfast dishes. Likewise, this is one such popular breakfast recipe of Karnataka. Buns are indian flat bread. Banana Buns are similar to poori’s but the key difference here is the thickness which is due to the banana’s used. These are famous as Mangalore Buns. Try this unique Halwa Recipe
This is a popular breakfast recipe which is also made as a snack and served with Tea. This dish is one of my favorite’s and initially I thought this to be a difficult recipe but it is as easy as making Roti or Chapati. In this recipe, Banana is mashed and added to the flour with curd and kneaded to form a dough. Later small poori like buns are rolled out and deep fried in oil. The buns are tasty, soft and usually served with chutney. So lets begin the recipe and comment below your thoughts about this dish.
- Banana 4-5
- Maida (Refined wheat flour) 250 gm
- Curd 2 tbs
- Clarified Butter 2 tsp
- Grated Jaggery 2-3 tbs
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 Spoon
- In a mixer jar
- Add peeled banana, jaggery, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cardamom powder and 2 tablespoon curd and grind it to make paste.
- Further, Pour the banana paste in a plate
- Add maida
- Now add ghee
- Mix it well and knead it to make a dough while adding all maida (Do not use water)
- Keep it aside for 30 min
- Now apply a little oil on hands
- Make medium small balls from the dough
- Further, Roll the balls into thin size puri while applying maida flour
- Heat oil
- Add the rolled puri into the oil pan
- Dip it and fry it until it colours on both side
- Flip to other side 2-3 times and then take it off stove
- Delicious banana buns is ready.
- Serve Hot with Chutney or Tea.