Easy and quick snack recipe made using Churmura/Murmura or puffed rice which are cooked in spices and make a ideal spicy snack food with tea. Try this yummy Breakfast Snack Recipe
Snacks are often served with tea but they can also be served as a quick and light breakfast on a busy weekday or to indulge when feeling hungry.
Ingredients for the Churmura/Murmura Quick Snack:
- Puffed rice (Murmura, Churmure)-200 gm
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-half bunch
- Finely chopped green chillies-4 big
- Garlic-1/2 bulb
- Red chilli powder-1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- Roasted chana dal-100 gm
- Roasted peanuts-100 gm
- Salt as per taste
- Dried mango powder (amchur powder)-1teaspoon
- Jaggery pieces-optional
Watch this video recipe on YouTube: Jhatpat Snack Recipe
Instructions for this Snack:
- Heat a pan, add 3 tablespoon oil, lightly roast puffed rice on low flame for 5 minutes,
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chillies, add mashed garlic and fry, switch off the stove
- Now, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder, add roasted chana dal, add roasted peanuts, add salt, on the stove
- Cook on low flame for 1 minute and transfer this content to the vessel containing puffed rice
- Mix thoroughly, add amchur powder and mix well. Chatpata Murmura Snack is ready.
Indian food offers a lot of tasty snack options wherein some are unique to regions and some snacks you will find throughout the country. Similarly, Chakli or Murukku is one such tasty yet elegant Indian snack recipe that you will find throughout the country. Its recipe differs based on the ingredients used across the regions.
Watch the complete video here: Tasty Chakli Recipe
In this Chakli recipe we have use a tasty masala mixture in the batter which enhances the taste of Murukku Indian snack. Try this Tasty Mangalore Banana Buns Recipe as a snack or a breakfast recipe. We have used a traditional method to make the chakli which makes it tasty and also no artificial colour is used.
- Wheat flour 250 gm or 2 cup (200 gm wheat flour and 50 rice flour)
- Coriander powder 1 and 1/2 tsp + Cumin powder 3/4 tsp + Fennel seeds powder 3/4 tsp = 3 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Red chilly powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Water to Knead
- Oil To Fry
- Firstly, Take a cloth and place both the mixed flours in it and make a potli
- Secondly, In a cooker add 2 glass water and place the potli on a plate in the cooker
- Cook further for 20 min without whistle.
- Take it off stove and remove the flour potli
- Break the cooked flour into powder
- Add red chilly powder, 3 powder mixture, ajwain, turmeric powder, asafoetida and sesame seeds and knead with little water
- Further, Place the dough inside the chakli maker
- Make chakli’s of required proportion and size
- Heat Oil
- Later, When oil is heated, add chakli’s in oil
- Fry for total of 3 min with constant turning in between and Take the fried chakli’s off stove.
- Tasty and Spicy Chakli is Ready.