Famous Snack recipes of India, there are many chaats which are a delicacy that were introduced in the coastal part of India and now available as street food every where. Sev Puri is such a savory snack recipe that is love by everyone for its mouth watering taste.
In this recipe, we will learn how to prepare yummy chaat snack at home. Have you checked our Bhel Puri Recipe
Watch the Sev Puri Recipe on YouTube: Moms Food Diary
Ingredients for Sev Puri Snack Recipe:
- Kabuli chana-100 gm
- Sev-100 gm
- Finely chopped tomatoes-2 big
- Finely chopped onions-2 big
- Pomegranate (anar dana)-1 cup
- Coriander leaves-little
Ingredients for green chutney:
- Green chilli-1
- Coriander leaves-little
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients for red chutney:
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste-1 spoon
- Ginger paste-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste. Grind all the above ingredients separately.
Ingredients for Tamarind chutney :
- Tamarind-25 gm
- Soak tamarind in warm water for 20 minutes. It is better to extract tamarind pulp by pressing with hand and no need to grind. Add 4 tablespoon jaggery powder to tamarind extract, add little salt and mix well
Method for Sev Puri Snack Recipe:
- All three chutneys are ready.
- Cook Kabuli chana in the cooker with salt and turmeric powder and bring 6 to 8 whistles)
- Make small hole to puri, add cooked kabuli chana, add all the three chutneys, add sev on top, add finely chopped tomatoes, add finely chopped onions, add pomegranate (anar dana), sprinkle little chopped coriender leaves.
- Sev puri is ready.
Chana or Chickpea is a pulse from a legume plant. Various cuisines have lots of dishes around chickpea. Similarly Indian cuisine offers main course as well as snacks and breakfast dishes made using chana as it is popular in India. In this recipe, we will prepare a breakfast dish using Chana or Chickpea called Usali or Usal, its a tangy and spicy Nashta recipe.
Watch the complete Video recipe here: Chana Usal Recipe Healthy Breakfast
In this Nashta recipe, firstly, we pressure cook chana and later we cook it in spices like mustard, curry leaves to enhance the flavour along with other spices to make Chana Usali. Checkout my Tasty Banana Breakfast Recipe, you will love it.
- Onion 2 large chopped
- Chickpea 1/4 kg Soaked in water for 8 hours
- a piece of ginger
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves a few
- Green chilly 8
- Curry Leaves a few
- Water 1/4 ltr
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Firstly, Take the soaked chickpea and add to cooker vessel
- Add salt and 1/4 ltr water cook until 6 whistles
- If water still is not dried then you can dry it by cooking a little more with the lid open
- Secondly, Heat a pan and add oil and add mustard seeds
- Now add curry leaves
- Add chopped green chilly and stir a little
- Later add chopped onion
- Roast it further until onion changes to golden brown on full flame
- Add Turmeric powder, ginger paste and coriander leaves, add salt if required as per taste
- Similarly, add chickpea to the pan on full flame and stir well for 1 min
- Close the lid on medium flame allow it to cook for 5 min
- Take off stove
- Finally, Add 1 lemon juice to the pan and mix it well
- Serve Hot. Tangy, Spicy flavorful healthy breakfast recipe is ready.