Vada with sambar is an filling breakfast and is a popular south indian breakfast recipe. The Vada is a soft and crisp deep fried breakfast/snack that is prepared using Urad dal and other spices and served with the spicy and tangy sambar.
Watch this Crispy Vada Recipe on Youtube: Vada – Vegetarian Breakfast
Ingredients for this Vada Recipe:
- Urad dal 250 gms (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds powder 1 spoon
- Asafoetida 1/2 spoon
- Green Chillies 5
- Curry leaves few
- salt as per taste
- oil to fry
Do try our Yummy Egg Bonda Recipe
Method for Vada popular south indian breakfast recipe:
- In a mixer jar
- Add chopped ginger, green chilles, curry leaves and urad dal and grind to a medium thick paste
- In a bowl add grinded urad dal paste
- Add cumin seeds powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder, salt, rice flour and mix it thoroughly. (do not use water)
- Make batter of it
- Heat oil
- Take the vada batter and Make a round shape in between it and fry in oil.
- Fry until the vada changes colour.
- Tasty and Crispy Vada’s are ready. Serve hot with Sambar or coconut chutney.