Indian food offers a lot of tasty snack options wherein some are unique to regions and some snacks you will find throughout the country. Similarly, Chakli or Murukku is one such tasty yet elegant Indian snack recipe that you will find throughout the country. Its recipe differs based on the ingredients used across the regions.
Watch the complete video here: Tasty Chakli Recipe
In this Chakli recipe we have use a tasty masala mixture in the batter which enhances the taste of Murukku Indian snack. Try this Tasty Mangalore Banana Buns Recipe as a snack or a breakfast recipe. We have used a traditional method to make the chakli which makes it tasty and also no artificial colour is used.
- Wheat flour 250 gm or 2 cup (200 gm wheat flour and 50 rice flour)
- Coriander powder 1 and 1/2 tsp + Cumin powder 3/4 tsp + Fennel seeds powder 3/4 tsp = 3 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Red chilly powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Water to Knead
- Oil To Fry
- Firstly, Take a cloth and place both the mixed flours in it and make a potli
- Secondly, In a cooker add 2 glass water and place the potli on a plate in the cooker
- Cook further for 20 min without whistle.
- Take it off stove and remove the flour potli
- Break the cooked flour into powder
- Add red chilly powder, 3 powder mixture, ajwain, turmeric powder, asafoetida and sesame seeds and knead with little water
- Further, Place the dough inside the chakli maker
- Make chakli’s of required proportion and size
- Heat Oil
- Later, When oil is heated, add chakli’s in oil
- Fry for total of 3 min with constant turning in between and Take the fried chakli’s off stove.
- Tasty and Spicy Chakli is Ready.